We won’t call Belgrade a foodie’s paradise, but we can call it a city where you definitely don’t need to stay hungry. Culinary scene is big, you’ll find everything from Asian food to tiny food stands and fine dining restaurants. And guess what? Drinking scene is just as good. So, whether you’re a local or just in for the weekend, consider this your dining bucket list.
1.Homemade sausage from Rusmir restaurant in Vracar historical neighborhood.
2. Stuffed pljeskavica (Serbian burger) from Dorćolac food stand in the area of the Lower Dorćol.
3. Famous Serbian breakfast Burek and yogurt from Kališ bakery also in the area of the Lower Dorćol.
4. Turkish delight Ratluk from Bosiljčić shop.
5. Karađorđe’s Steak is a Serbian breaded cutlet dish named after the Serbian Prince Karađorđe. It is a rolled veal or pork steak, stuffed with kajmak, and then breaded and fried. It is served with roasted potatoes and tartar sauce. Perfect location to try it is legendary Dva Jelena (Two Deer) restaurant.
6. Ćevapi na kajmaku is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of skinless sausage, found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe. In the traditional Vuk Restaurant are served on kajmak.
7. Krempita sweet dessert prepared in Dijagonala restaurant.
8. Serbian, Šopska and Urnebes salads prepared in any town’s proper traditional restaurant.
9. Serbian meze prepared in any town’s proper traditional restaurant. Ambar restaurant in Beton hala can be a good choice.
10. Town’s specialty pizza with beef salad from BUCKO pizza corner in the city center.